Good morning|afternoon|evening,

I'm working on a custom news tracking nodejs api for web/android/chrome
apps. It starts with keywords, then builds a feed list from
news.google.com and using readability-node and feed-reed npm modules to
process the whole mess. Once I got the kinks worked out of it i was ready
to move the whole thing into its own thread to free up the server to take
more incoming api requests. A well keyword'ed search can reach up to 100
articles a go, and this is just using google news, i have future plans to
add in many other sources and recursive searches into wikipedia as well as
other available databases.

the issue i'm running into is the code seems to just stop at a
Article.findOne() mongoose call. any and all console.log()'s never fire.
  Is there some limitation? http://jsapp.us/s/515 is a link to the code..

is there limitations in queuing and saves databases? Am I using processes
wrong?

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Tom Boutell at Jan 4, 2015 at 3:49 am