Hello,

I'm new to Node. From my nodejs code, I need to make a SOAP call.

I’m working on automating onboarding of a new merchant into the CreditCall
system. Nigel provided me with the necessary documentation last Friday and
I started on the project today.

*Here is my Node code snippet:*

   var url = 'https://' + username + ':' + password + '@' + host +
'/SOAP.asmx?wsdl';

   soap.createClient(url, function(err, client) {
     console.log(err);
     client.setSecurity(new soap.BasicAuthSecurity(username, password));
     client.CreateMerchantAccount(args, function(err, result) {

       console.log(result);

       console.log(err);

     });
   });

*This gave the following error:*TypeError: Object [object Object] has no
method 'CreateMerchantAccount'

So clearly there is something wrong with the client.CreateMerchantAccount()
line.

*So I executed client.describe() and it returned:*

{
     HttpServerWebService: {
         HttpServerWebServiceSoap: {
             Call: [ Object ],
             CallNameValue: [ Object ]
         },
         HttpServerWebServiceSoap12: {
             Call: [ Object ],
             CallNameValue: [ Object ]

This doesn't seem to give me enough clue about what the exact call should
be. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Will Hoover at Dec 1, 2014 at 3:10 pm
    Which node-soap and soap version are you using?

       var url = ' <https://'> https://' + username + ':' + password + '@' + host + '/SOAP.asmx?wsdl';