Has anybody got experience with the learnyounode "Make It Modular"
challenge? Because I am writing the following code, but it is not passing.
But when I run it with a test usage, everything seems ok. If anybody spots
anything wrong, please let me know.

Here are the two files I have created.

= = = = =

// filtered.js

var fs = require('fs');
var path = require('path');

module.exports = function(dir, ext, callback) {
         fs.readdir(dir, function(err, files) {
                 var pass = [];

                 if (err) {
                         return callback(err);
                 }
                 files.forEach(function(file) {
                         if (path.extname(file) === '.' + ext) {
                                 pass.push(file);
                         }
                 });
                 return callback(null, pass);
         });
};

= = = = =

// use-filtered-ls.js

var filter = require('./filtered-ls.js');

// Un-comment below to demonstrate usage, which seems to be fine and
*should* pass(?)
//filter('./', 'js', function(err, data) {
// if (err) {
// console.log(err);
// }
//
// data.forEach(function(item) {
// console.log(item);
// });
//});

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • John Shaver at Nov 8, 2014 at 5:52 am
    What you have there looks correct to me, as far as the module. Did
    you write the script that accepts the command line parameters,
    requires the module and then passes the parameters into the module?

    From the lesson description:
    ____
    This problem is the same as the previous but introduces the concept of
    modules. You will need to create two files to solve this.

    Create a program that prints a list of files in a given directory,
    filtered by the extension of the files. The first argument is the
    directory name and the second argument is the extension filter. Print
    the list of files (one file per line) to the console. You must use
    asynchronous I/O.
    ____

    If you did, please copy the output of learnyounode verify <name of
    script that includes the module>.

    -John

[...]

    New group rules:
    Old group rules:
    "nodejs" group.
    email to nodejs+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/05e040e3-1c87-43c2-8367-a83e514f2117%40googlegroups.com.
    Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Greelgorke at Nov 10, 2014 at 3:12 pm

groupnodejs @
categoriesnodejs
postedNov 8, '14 at 1:32a
activeNov 10, '14 at 3:12p
websitenodejs.org
irc#node.js

3 users in discussion

Greelgorke: 1 post Jerome: 1 post John Shaver: 1 post