Hi Everybody,

i found some entrys to my question, but they are old or not specific
enough. Got the following question and please keep in mind that my
administration skills for servers suck hard :)

I want to host a node.js app which connects to a mongo database. I want
this app to be highly scalable (easy) in number of instances, server space
and so on(performance).

First Question: Would you recommend a managed server or a cloud solution?

Second Question: I think cloud solution are more scalable on the actual
situation. So which provider would you choose? I'm currently on Heroku, but
want to switch to Amazon Web Services. AppFog also sounds very interesting.
20$ for 8 instances but low traffic volume.

I appreciate every help you can give and excuse my bad english.

Best regards!

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/