I would like to write a function that cannot run two times in the same time.
If someone try to execute it twice (or more), it will wait.

For example, myFunc writing to DB, I don't want too much writing on the
same time.

*myFunc.js:*
module.exports.myFunc=
function() {
// Do some heavy CPU
}

*main.js:*
myFunc=require('myFunc').myFunc

require('async')
$.parallel([
function () {myFunc()},
function () {myFunc()}
]);

How can I change only the MyFunc.js file, to disable the option to run it
twice in the same time.

Thank you.

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

---

  • Francesco Mari at Feb 12, 2014 at 4:41 pm
    In this case, you probably want to use async.queue() or async.series().

    I would like to write a function that cannot run two times in the same time.
    If someone try to execute it twice (or more), it will wait.

    For example, myFunc writing to DB, I don't want too much writing on the same
    time.

    myFunc.js:
    module.exports.myFunc=
    function() {
    // Do some heavy CPU
    }

    main.js:
    myFunc=require('myFunc').myFunc

    require('async')
    $.parallel([
    function () {myFunc()},
    function () {myFunc()}
    ]);

    How can I change only the MyFunc.js file, to disable the option to run it
    twice in the same time.

    Thank you.

    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
    For more options, visit this group at