Hi
I am trying to create a c++ addon for nodejs where we can execute
javascript from c++. I know about v8 and its Script and Compile functions.
But i am hitting with some problem :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nodejs/hf0dwBLlWvQ

Is there any other way that i can do this ?

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

---

  • Raymond Feng at Sep 23, 2013 at 3:40 pm
    I don't think you can call v8 functions from a thread other than the v8
    event loop thread.

    BTW, you should use libuv uv_queue_work() to deal with the threads.

    Check this
    out: http://www.slideshare.net/nsm.nikhil/writing-native-bindings-to-nodejs-in-c

    Thanks,
    Raymond

    I am trying to create a c++ addon for nodejs where we can execute
    javascript from c++. I know about v8 and its Script and Compile functions.
    But i am hitting with some problem :
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nodejs/hf0dwBLlWvQ

    Is there any other way that i can do this ?
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

    ---
  • Ashish Negi at Sep 24, 2013 at 4:23 am
    How can i put my task to v8 event loop thread in nodejs ?