https://github.com/couchbase/couchnode

This is a complete rewrite from the 0.0.x releases to significantly
increase speed, stability and consistency. All sample applications have
been rewritten and an API reference has been built to accompany this
release. Additionally, the API itself has been refactored to provide a
much more consistent experience.

The new API puts a few new arguments in front of the developer, we think
it’s not too obtrusive and makes for a much more uniform interface when
building apps that handle responses. For example, in 0.12.x you would have
done:

bucket.get( [‘a’, ‘b’], function(err, vals, metas) {
  console.log(vals[‘a’], metas[‘a’].cas);
});

And now that’s:

bucket.multiGet( [‘a’, ‘b’], function(err, results) {
  console.log(results[‘a’].value, results[‘a’].cas);
});

If you’ve used this before, you’ll note that the constructor has changed
slightly as well. Additionally, you can now begin executing operations
against the bucket before it has successfully connected and the operations
will be queued until successful connection or a critical error occurs.

Before:
couchbase.connect( options, function(err, bucket) {
  … handle any errors
  bucket.get( … );
});

now is:

var bucket = new couchbase.Connection(options, function(err) {
  … handle any errors
  bucket.get( … );
});

or even:
var bucket = new couchbase.Connection(options, function(err) {

  ... handle any errors
});
bucket.get( … );

If you want to see how this comes together in a quick sample and aren’t
offended by browsing beers, check out:

https://github.com/couchbaselabs/beersample-node

On performance, this all uses libcouchbase underneath and we’ve made
changes to libcouchbase to work nicely with libuv. Between that and some
other changes, our tests are showing great performance!

We would like to work quickly toward a 1.0 release. How quickly we get
there depends in part on feedback we receive! We’d love to get your
feedback.

Brett.

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

---

  • Salles pro at Sep 9, 2013 at 8:23 am
    Hello Brett,

    thank you for the updates.

    i was trying to work through https://github.com/tgrall/couchbase-node-ideas

    it seems some of it is outdated / unfinished.

    i found it difficult to guess what is necessary to work with the views with
    the different releases of the API and no mention to cb.view(...) on it.

    there's also an issue trying to get hold of this on

    http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2013/03/easy-application-development-with-couchbase-angular-and-node-js.html

    can somebody come in rescue ?

    Em sexta-feira, 30 de agosto de 2013 21h54min58s UTC-3, Brett Lawson
[...]

  • Rkorving at Sep 14, 2013 at 9:47 am
    Hi Brett,

    Congrats on the release. I have a few questions though.

    1. Could you start adding changelog? Where I work, we're already using
    couchnode quite a bit and the lack of changelog or release notes doesn't
    help in my migration path.

    2. Why did you remove support for hash keys? We provided the patch for that
    in the past (after some serious hours of work on that), which got merged,
    and now I see it gone. Or am I missing something and is it simply "hidden"
    somewhere?

    3. I know you guys use your own gerrit system for git repos, but as you can
    tell from the 9 open pull requests on GitHub, people want to contribute. If
    you want to build a community, I reckon it would be a lot more effective if
    you interacted with your users on GitHub. What are your thoughts on this?

[...]

  • Brett Lawson at Sep 15, 2013 at 5:04 am
    Hey!

    1. You can see a basic change-log attached to each release on GitHub which
    is available here: https://github.com/couchbase/couchnode/releases.
      Starting with version 1.0.0, the documentation now contains an appendix
    with more detailed releases notes. I am also going to do my best to blog
    about any changes we make that is going to have an affect on those using
    the library, hopefully these resources can help you be better prepared
    during version migrations in the future!
    2. Hashkey support was not intentionally removed, and was more of an
    oversight, you will see hashkey's implemented in the latest GitHub HEAD
    shortly, and then it will be available fully in our next release.
    3. Using gerrit for change management is unfortunately necessary due to the
    CLA that must be agreed too before being able to submit changes. It would
    be wonderful if we could directly accept pull requests, but I'm not sure if
    this is feasible, I will bring it up and see if there is any way we can
    allow pull requests while still meeting legal requirements :)

    Cheers, Brett