I have a node.js web application where I need process some mongodb
records (something like 20k records).
For each record I will do some processing and then write it back to the
database.

My code looks like this (not valid code just the idea) :

db.mycol.find({}, function(err, records) {
for each record in records {
var fieldsToUpdate = {}
// here goes some check on record fields and this updates the
fieldsToUpdate map
db.mycol.update({
_id : record._id
},
{
$set : valuesToSet
}, function(err) {
});
}
});

The problem with this is it halts my server.
I know it is possible to use process.nextTick but I do not know how this
will apply here.

Danilo.

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

---

  • Benjamin Clos at Feb 9, 2013 at 2:54 am
    Mongoose.js allows for streaming of records as it finds them and is useful for iterating over large populations.

    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

    ---
  • Dan Milon at Feb 9, 2013 at 1:24 am
    In case you're using just mongodb-native:

    http://mongodb.github.com/node-mongodb-native/api-generated/cursorstream.html