Hi guys,

Are there any plans to further generalize streams and pipes? I would like
to use them in process and with
node cluster, but without having to serialise to/from Buffer or Strings.
For example, node cluster with streams
and pipes would enable continuous streaming map reduce.

Is it just me who'd find this useful or would there be general
need/interest for streams and pipes being
further generalised?

Cheers,

Darach.

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Martin Cooper at Nov 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm

    Are there any plans to further generalize streams and pipes?
    Are you perhaps looking for something like this?

    https://github.com/dominictarr/event-stream

    --
    Martin Cooper

    I would like to use them in process and with
    node cluster, but without having to serialise to/from Buffer or Strings.
    For example, node cluster with streams
    and pipes would enable continuous streaming map reduce.

    Is it just me who'd find this useful or would there be general
    need/interest for streams and pipes being
    further generalised?

    Cheers,

    Darach.

    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
    For more options, visit this group at
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Darach Ennis at Nov 23, 2012 at 5:22 pm
    Hi Martin,

    Event stream is perfect for some of the things I'm thinking, yes.
    I would be very interested in seeing what else is out there too.

    Cheers,

    Darach.