Hi Guys,

Look at this amazing project: https://github.com/arunoda/chrome-node

with the reference of running node in chrome -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkb_x9ZN0Vo&feature=g-all-lsb

Cheers.

--
Arunoda Susiripala

@arunoda <http://twitter.com/arunoda>
<http://gplus.to/arunoda>https://github.com/arunoda
http://www.linkedin.com/in/arunoda

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Tim Caswell at Oct 31, 2012 at 2:24 pm
    Neat idea, but it's certainly not new. The hard part is actually
    making it work and finding a way to combine node's super open security
    model with that required to run in a web browser.

    If you just want to make desktop apps using nodejs + chrome's webkit
    the appjs and node-webkit projects are pretty active. Since they are
    desktop apps they don't have the sandbox security constraints of a web
    app.

    What's your plan for implementing the node runtime in chrome? It
    sounds very interesting.

    On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Arunoda Susiripala
    with the reference of running node in chrome -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkb_x9ZN0Vo&feature=g-all-lsb

    Cheers.

    --
    Arunoda Susiripala

    @arunoda
    https://github.com/arunoda
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/arunoda

    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
    For more options, visit this group at
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Arunoda Susiripala at Oct 31, 2012 at 3:03 pm
    Hi,

    I think with chrome we really don't need to much worry security model.
    Since chrome will take care of it.
    What we actually need it set of wrappers for the core node APIs.

    Yes. we will not have to use npm projects with c/c++ add-ons, but still we
    can you alot, as mentioned in the video using browserify.

[...]

  • Tim Caswell at Oct 31, 2012 at 3:38 pm

    I think with chrome we really don't need to much worry security model. Since
    chrome will take care of it.
    What we actually need it set of wrappers for the core node APIs.

    Yes. we will not have to use npm projects with c/c++ add-ons, but still we
    can you alot, as mentioned in the video using browserify.

    Ok, so you're looking for a library that implements the node api in
    pure javascript. That's basically what browserify does. Do be aware
    that many node apis simply aren't possible to fully implement in the
    browser because the dom doesn't provide the primitives required. But
    as far as it's possible, it would be a neat project. You could even
    fake a lot of the impossible APIs and let people hook in mock
    providers. I've wanted to create something like this to let people
    run a node repl purely in the browser.

[...]

  • Arunoda Susiripala at Oct 31, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    Yes. I browserify does it. The video show's that. But what I suggest is it
    will be cooler, we can bundle all the Node Core (if possible) into a single
    JS file which using Chrome new APIS.

    What are the primitives which chrome is not possible to do? I have not much
    experience in Node Core. And I'm referring to chrome (but not other
    browser) which has native APIs for Socket API and so many others.

[...]

  • Tim Caswell at Oct 31, 2012 at 4:23 pm