Hey noders!

Over the weekend/first part of this week I've started writing a Minecraft
server entirely in JavaScript, to experiment with different types of
applications in node. It's been surprisingly easy, with the help of a
couple of support libraries I wrote for dealing with binary stuff. Adam
Brady has joined me in the conquest for pure JavaScript Minecraft, adding a
bunch of neat features and putting up with my ranting/pickiness in merging
patches ;)

The github repository for the project is https://github.com/deoxxa/jsmc and
there's a demo server running on fknsrs.biz:25565.

The support libraries I wrote for this are dissolve (
https://github.com/deoxxa/dissolve, for parsing binary data, hat tip to
SubStack's node-binary) and concentrate (
https://github.com/deoxxa/concentrate for producing binary data).

I'd love to hear what people think of this, so let me know!

Thanks,
Conrad

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Alan Hoffmeister at Oct 31, 2012 at 1:04 pm
    Really nice and itersting work.
    Good job!

    --
    Att,
    Alan Hoffmeister

[...]

    For more options, visit this group at
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Anand George at Oct 31, 2012 at 1:14 pm
    Get an error

    'jsmc' is not in the npm registry
[...]

  • Conrad Pankoff at Oct 31, 2012 at 1:12 pm
    Oops! It should be there now, I hadn't actually published to NPM yet.
[...]

  • Anand George at Oct 31, 2012 at 1:19 pm
    Fine. Works now.

    (https://github.com/deoxxa/**dissolve<https://github.com/deoxxa/dissolve>,
    (https://github.com/deoxxa/**concentrate<https://github.com/deoxxa/concentrate>for producing binary data).

    http://groups.google.com/**group/nodejs?hl=en?hl=en<http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs?hl=en?hl=en>
    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/**group/nodejs?hl=en?hl=en<http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs?hl=en?hl=en>
    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
    For more options, visit this group at
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Sotonin at Oct 31, 2012 at 3:02 pm
    awesome idea, nice job!
[...]

  • Roly Fentanes at Oct 31, 2012 at 4:43 pm
    cool. can't wait to try it.
[...]

  • Joshua Holbrook at Oct 31, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    Keep me in the testing loop bruh!

    --Josh
[...]

    Joshua Holbrook
    Head of Support
    Nodejitsu Inc.
    josh@nodejitsu.com

    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Jake Beasley at Mar 21, 2013 at 8:25 pm
[...]

    jo...@nodejitsu.com <javascript:>
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

    ---
  • Charlie Key at Mar 22, 2013 at 3:09 pm
    +1 on all replies. Very cool stuff, can't wait to try it out.