Was wondering if anyone has suggestions on an AWS lib to use in node that
has good service coverage and is actively maintained

Among the ones I've found are:
https://github.com/exfm/node-aws
https://github.com/appsattic/node-awssum
https://github.com/livelycode/aws-lib

node-aws looks good but is missing s3 coverage
aws-lib doesn't seem to be actively maintained
node-awssum looks to have good coverage but high footprint due to its
monolithic approach ("Node.js modules for talking to *lots* of Web Service
APIs.")

I really liked using Boto in python and wondering what's the closest
similar lib for Node.. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Andrew Stone at Oct 14, 2012 at 11:38 pm
    node-awssum works really well. It is a giant monolithic library, but I've
    used it successfully just with the AWS parts. Those are the oldest/most
    reliable and Andrew Chilton is very responsive and actively maintains that
    library.

    -Andrew

    On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Stephen Handley
    Was wondering if anyone has suggestions on an AWS lib to use in node that
    has good service coverage and is actively maintained

    Among the ones I've found are:
    https://github.com/exfm/node-aws
    https://github.com/appsattic/node-awssum
    https://github.com/livelycode/aws-lib

    node-aws looks good but is missing s3 coverage
    aws-lib doesn't seem to be actively maintained
    node-awssum looks to have good coverage but high footprint due to its
    monolithic approach ("Node.js modules for talking to *lots* of Web
    Service APIs.")

    I really liked using Boto in python and wondering what's the closest
    similar lib for Node.. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
    For more options, visit this group at
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Andrew Chilton at Oct 15, 2012 at 8:18 am
    Hi Andrew,