There's a small bug with respect to an Internet Explorer corner case in the
openssl dependency package. I'd like to modify one of the openssl C files
but I'm at a loss as to how to recompile this package so that node can use
my updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Ben Noordhuis at Oct 5, 2012 at 2:32 am

    There's a small bug with respect to an Internet Explorer corner case in the
    openssl dependency package. I'd like to modify one of the openssl C files
    but I'm at a loss as to how to recompile this package so that node can use
    my updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I assume that you mean the bundled version that lives in deps/openssl?
    It should be trivial, just edit the file and run make, gyp (the build
    system) will pick up the changes and recompile the required files.

    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Justin Meltzer at Oct 5, 2012 at 4:16 am

    Thanks! Do I need to run ./configure? or just make? what about make install?
    There's a small bug with respect to an Internet Explorer corner case in the
    openssl dependency package. I'd like to modify one of the openssl C files
    but I'm at a loss as to how to recompile this package so that node can use
    my updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I assume that you mean the bundled version that lives in deps/openssl?
    It should be trivial, just edit the file and run make, gyp (the build
    system) will pick up the changes and recompile the required files.
    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Ben Noordhuis at Oct 5, 2012 at 11:51 am