When connecting Apache Tomcat web-apps to an existing Apache website,
mod_jk can be loaded to give a web application a virtual directory within
Apache.

(also here: http://bit.ly/Ma3ZlV)

Are there any similar modules for connecting node.js to Apache?

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Tim Caswell at Jul 9, 2012 at 2:46 pm
    NodeJS *is* the http server. I'm not sure how it would run inside apache.
    I guess you could run node as a cgi program or implement the wsgi
    interface or something, but that kinda defeats the purpose of node's
    architecture.
    When connecting Apache Tomcat web-apps to an existing Apache website,
    mod_jk can be loaded to give a web application a virtual directory within
    Apache.

    (also here: http://bit.ly/Ma3ZlV)

    Are there any similar modules for connecting node.js to Apache?

    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
    For more options, visit this group at
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Bradley Meck at Jul 9, 2012 at 4:10 pm
    Well it may not defeat all the purposes of Node. You can still do all the
    background IO (talking to database etc) in async glory, but you do lose
    somewhat since you have to double parse things to be compatible with
    default node libraries.
    NodeJS *is* the http server. I'm not sure how it would run inside apache.
    I guess you could run node as a cgi program or implement the wsgi
    interface or something, but that kinda defeats the purpose of node's
    architecture.
    When connecting Apache Tomcat web-apps to an existing Apache website,
    mod_jk can be loaded to give a web application a virtual directory within
    Apache.

    (also here: http://bit.ly/Ma3ZlV)

    Are there any similar modules for connecting node.js to Apache?

    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
    For more options, visit this group at
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Jamil Antonino at Jul 9, 2012 at 9:56 pm
    the way it's usually setup is setting up a proxy in apache to redirect traffic to whatever port node is running on. There's tons on examples online. It's useful when you are running other apps (rails for example) on the same box

    Sent from my iPhone

    Jamil Antonino
    +63.920.901.7352