I just upgraded from 0.6.16 to 0.6.17, and I'm noticing some new messages pop up when I'm running some stress tests that introduce some network delays and failures. I don't have an isolated case yet, but it seems to indicate some out of order handling between errorListener and closeListener in http.js. The error does not occur in 0.6.16. Has anyone seen similar behavior?

Subbu

TypeError: Cannot call method 'emit' of null
at Socket.<anonymous> (http.js:1163:11)
at Socket.emit (events.js:67:17)
at Array.1 (net.js:301:14)
at EventEmitter._tickCallback (node.js:192:40)
error: TypeError: Cannot call method 'emit' of null

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Ben Noordhuis at May 7, 2012 at 2:43 pm

[...]

    Oh dear. We fixed a couple of memory leaks / object leaks in 0.6.17
    but it looks like we introduced some regressions. Can you open an
    issue? Thanks.

    --
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
  • Subbu Allamaraju at May 7, 2012 at 3:20 pm

    var clientReq = http.request(options, function (clientRes) {
    });
    clientReq.setTimeout(1000, function () {
    clientReq.connection.destroy();
    });

    Destroying the socket during the timeout causes this error. I will open an issue.

    Subbu
[...]

  • Isaac Schlueter at May 8, 2012 at 1:43 am
    Fixed on v0.6 branch. It'll be updated in the next release.