Hello

I have to profile mongo database. Our problem is some changes on the code
increase traffic between php web application node and mongo instance. We
now is betweem both because netstat is crystal clear.

But althought I have tools like mongotop or mongostat and are cool, I need
something more. So I activated profiler in our mongo database. But, again,
is not easy for me. I want to profile queries only from one IP and mongo
web is not very clear about that.

http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Database+Profiler#DatabaseProfiler-EnablingProfiling

How can profile queries to one mongo database from one ip client? and how
can i export to a log file???

Thanks :/

See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb

Search Discussions

  • Gianfranco at Oct 9, 2012 at 1:33 pm
    Unfortunately you can't restrict to profile only certain queries connected
    from a specific IP address.

    But you can retrieve all the recorded information coming from a certain
    client IP (the application).
    db.system.profile.find({client: "127.0.0.0"})
    If you want to export such information you can use the *mongoexport* tool
    mongoexport -q "{client: '127.0.0.1'}" -d database -c system.profile
    Where 127.0.0.1 is the application ip address
    I have to profile mongo database. Our problem is some changes on the code
    increase traffic between php web application node and mongo instance. We
    now is betweem both because netstat is crystal clear.

    But althought I have tools like mongotop or mongostat and are cool, I need
    something more. So I activated profiler in our mongo database. But, again,
    is not easy for me. I want to profile queries only from one IP and mongo
    web is not very clear about that.

    http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Database+Profiler#DatabaseProfiler-EnablingProfiling

    How can profile queries to one mongo database from one ip client? and how
    can i export to a log file???

    Thanks :/
    See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb
  • Rubén Ortiz at Oct 15, 2012 at 4:24 pm
    Hello

    Im gonna try your tip, thanks!

    ;)
[...]

groupmongodb-user @