Hello!

I have php, Java, and some Python scripts running.
We I issue a stepdown to a primary, will the current connections and
queries die?

Basically, we have mongos running, but I am also interested in knowing what
would happen to a replica set.

When you have a system being pounded and we have to upgrade, I've got all
the secondaries to 2.0.5 but I need to do the same to the last system, the
1.8.5 system I have.

Will the connection abort or will mongos help take care of it?
Will the current running operations finish, or will it attempt to wait for
the running operations to finish, freeze the system, and perform the switch?
When new connections come in and the replica set is temporarily trying to
figure out which server becomes the primary, will they get stalled or
rejected?

Thanks!
Mark

See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb

Search Discussions

  • Kyle Banker at May 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm
    When you step down a primary, all in-progress ops are terminated, and all
    connections are closed. You'll see query failures to the mongos while the
    primary elections is happening.
[...]

  • Mark N at May 15, 2012 at 6:32 pm
    Thanks!
    I figured as such.
[...]