Hi - we have a project using CakePHP and the latest MongoDB PHP driver
(1.2.8). We have noticed a ridiculous number of DB connections getting
generated to the mongodb server. We are running Apache httpd and under
load we see several thousand connections in time wait status (meaning they
closed and reopened). Basically, we think (or suspect) that the database
connection pooling does not work (or at least not noticeably). Has anyone
else seen this?
Thanks

  • Steve Rabouin at Apr 20, 2012 at 10:55 pm
    Hi Chase,

    Latest driver is 1.2.10, not sure if updating would help. I don't see
    anything mentioned in the change logs about number of DB connections other
    than a fix where connection wasn't closed if the execution timed out.
    Hi - we have a project using CakePHP and the latest MongoDB PHP driver
    (1.2.8). We have noticed a ridiculous number of DB connections getting
    generated to the mongodb server. We are running Apache httpd and under
    load we see several thousand connections in time wait status (meaning they
    closed and reopened). Basically, we think (or suspect) that the database
    connection pooling does not work (or at least not noticeably). Has anyone
    else seen this?
    Thanks
  • Derick Rethans at Apr 21, 2012 at 12:50 pm

    we have a project using CakePHP and the latest MongoDB PHP driver
    (1.2.8). We have noticed a ridiculous number of DB connections getting
    generated to the mongodb server. We are running Apache httpd and under
    load we see several thousand connections in time wait status (meaning they
    closed and reopened). Basically, we think (or suspect) that the database
    connection pooling does not work (or at least not noticeably). Has anyone
    else seen this?
    Are you calling close yourself at any point during the excution on the
    Mongo object?

    cheers,
    Derick

    --