Can I used DBRef and timestamp to become my compound shard keys? and if it
can, then do I need to provide the DBRef or only the $id in it? And it's
the new Aggregation framework on Mongo 2.1.0 will be included on the java
driver too? and what makes it faster than the map/reduce?

Thanks.

  • Scott Hernandez at Feb 23, 2012 at 6:59 am
    1.) yes.
    2.) all driver can use the aggregation framework -- they just need to
    be able to run commands which all can.
    3.) It is written in C++ and doesn't have limitation the js engine has
    (namely concurrency issues)

    On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Martinus Martinus

    Can I used DBRef and timestamp to become my compound shard keys? and if it
    can, then do I need to provide the DBRef or only the $id in it? And it's the
    new Aggregation framework on Mongo 2.1.0 will be included on the java driver
    too? and what makes it faster than the map/reduce?

    Thanks.

  • Martinus Martinus at Feb 23, 2012 at 7:17 am
    Hi Skot,

    Thanks for your answer. So I need to used DBRef for my shard keys and not
    only the $id? And when will the 2.2.0 will be released?

    Thanks.

    On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Scott Hernandez
    2.) all driver can use the aggregation framework -- they just need to
    be able to run commands which all can.
    3.) It is written in C++ and doesn't have limitation the js engine has
    (namely concurrency issues)

    On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Martinus Martinus

    Can I used DBRef and timestamp to become my compound shard keys? and if it
    can, then do I need to provide the DBRef or only the $id in it? And it's the
    new Aggregation framework on Mongo 2.1.0 will be included on the java driver
    too? and what makes it faster than the map/reduce?

    Thanks.

  • Scott Hernandez at Feb 24, 2012 at 3:31 am
    You can use either the full DBRef or just the $id/_id value. It is up
    to you. If you need to represent references to multiple collections
    then you should use the DBRef.

    On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Martinus Martinus
    Thanks for your answer. So I need to used DBRef for my shard keys and not
    only the $id? And when will the 2.2.0 will be released?

    Thanks.

    2.) all driver can use the aggregation framework -- they just need to
    be able to run commands which all can.
    3.) It is written in C++ and doesn't have limitation the js engine has
    (namely concurrency issues)

    On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Martinus Martinus

    Can I used DBRef and timestamp to become my compound shard keys? and if
    it
    can, then do I need to provide the DBRef or only the $id in it? And it's
    the
    new Aggregation framework on Mongo 2.1.0 will be included on the java
    driver
    too? and what makes it faster than the map/reduce?

    Thanks.

  • Martinus Martinus at Feb 24, 2012 at 7:44 am
    Hi Skot,

    Thanks again. Right now I have three machines as one replica sets and I set
    this replica sets as one shard. And right now I changed one of the host
    machine name in replica sets using below command that I got from Nat :

    conf = rs.conf()
    conf.members[xxxxxxx].host = "newhostname:newport"
    rs.reconfigure(conf)
    and now I also want to delete the old hostname inside the shard :

    shards:
    { "_id" : "firstset", "host" :
    "firstset/machine_a:10001,machine_b:10002,machine_c:10003,machine_d:10003" }

    So I want to delete the "machine_c:10003" inside the "host" information in
    shard. How can I do this?

    Thanks.

    On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Scott Hernandez

    scotthernandez@gmail.com>
    wrote:
    1.) yes.
    2.) all driver can use the aggregation framework -- they just need to
    be able to run commands which all can.
    3.) It is written in C++ and doesn't have limitation the js engine has
    (namely concurrency issues)

    On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Martinus Martinus

    Can I used DBRef and timestamp to become my compound shard keys? and
    if
    it
    can, then do I need to provide the DBRef or only the $id in it? And
    it's
    the
    new Aggregation framework on Mongo 2.1.0 will be included on the java
    driver
    too? and what makes it faster than the map/reduce?

    Thanks.

  • Eliot Horowitz at Feb 26, 2012 at 4:13 am
    If you remove from the replica set that should get updated automatically.

    On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Martinus Martinus

    <scotthernandez@gmail.com>