When is MongoDB 2.2 with new aggregation framework is getting
released?

We stalled our effort to use MongoDB for now, due to issues in map-
reduce.

Looking forward to new aggregation framework.

Thanks,
Saurabh

  • Scott Hernandez at Feb 20, 2012 at 3:43 am
    The 2.1.x development release must first be released for testing and
    use, then when they are all done 2.2.0 will be released. You can watch
    the progress here:
    https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/server#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel
    When is MongoDB 2.2 with new aggregation framework is getting
    released?

    We stalled our effort to use MongoDB for now, due to issues in map-
    reduce.

    Looking forward to new aggregation framework.

    Thanks,
    Saurabh

  • Ben McCann at May 17, 2012 at 1:50 am
    July according to this thread:
    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mongodb-user/X6B_yv3i2mc/discussion

    The 2.1.x development release must first be released for testing and
    use, then when they are all done 2.2.0 will be released. You can watch
    the progress here:

    https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/server#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel
    When is MongoDB 2.2 with new aggregation framework is getting
    released?

    We stalled our effort to use MongoDB for now, due to issues in map-
    reduce.

    Looking forward to new aggregation framework.

    Thanks,
    Saurabh

    See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb
  • Awsiv at Jun 10, 2012 at 11:36 am
    2.2 is not on the roadmap. I'm working with the dev version, and July
    release is crucial for our roadmap too due to the aggregation framework.
    Should we be worried?

    The 2.1.x development release must first be released for testing and
    use, then when they are all done 2.2.0 will be released. You can watch
    the progress here:

    https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/server#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel
    When is MongoDB 2.2 with new aggregation framework is getting
    released?

    We stalled our effort to use MongoDB for now, due to issues in map-
    reduce.

    Looking forward to new aggregation framework.

    Thanks,
    Saurabh

    See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb
  • Sam Millman at Jun 10, 2012 at 11:48 am
    You used the dev version of a program without a solid timetable against a
    program that had a solid timetable???

    atlassian.jira.plugin.system.**project%3Aroadmap-panel<https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/server#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel>

    On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM, saurabhdave <saurabhdave@gmail.com>

    When is MongoDB 2.2 with new aggregation framework is getting
    released?

    We stalled our effort to use MongoDB for now, due to issues in map-
    reduce.

    Looking forward to new aggregation framework.

    Thanks,
    Saurabh

    .
    See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb
  • Bishwa Shrestha at Jun 10, 2012 at 11:52 am
    Oh, 2.2 doesn't have an ETA then? Last time I attended the MongoDB
    Conference in Berlin, I got the impression that it would be released
    "end of spring or early fall".
[...]

    <http://freenode.net#mongodb>

    See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb
  • Sam Millman at Jun 10, 2012 at 11:57 am
    Well I would think that the 72 tasks for 2.1.2 need doing first and the 1
    task for 2.0.7 most likely (if I were project planning I would do 2.0.7
    first and bundle its fix into 2.2) so I reckon it's a while.

    I wouldn't know for sure since I'm not 10gen, I was more making an
    observation about the programming technique you employed. Deadlines shift
    and wavier, you should only ever rely on what's stable, if something comes
    out stable before release, great implement it but you've just implemented
    unfinished tech into a product that needs production reliability
    potentially before the release date of 2.2.
[...]

  • Bishwa Shrestha at Jun 10, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    The aggregation framework so much hyped, it's high time mongodb gave a
    concrete timetable. But that's not the point, the point is we really
    want to use it, that's why we depend upon the 2.2 release. They have a
    date for 2.3, but not 2.2??

    On 10 June 2012 12:36, awsiv <bishwa.shrestha@gmail.com
[...]

  • Awsiv at Jun 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    @ Sammaye We are using 2.0 in our production release and are planning to
    upgrade. So we haven't "used" it yet. I just wanted to hear the official
    word as it was pointed out that the release date was on July.
[...]

  • Bishwa Shrestha at Jun 11, 2012 at 7:58 am
    FYI: 2.2.0-rc0 is now on the roadmap (targeted July 2).
[...]

  • मैं एक भारतीय बेवकूफ हूँ at Jun 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm
    Things are done when they are done.

    awsiv wrote:
[...]

  • Bishwa Shrestha at Jun 10, 2012 at 1:25 pm
    Can you explain that more?