Hi,

I've configured tomcat to store the sessions using memcached and I used to
check the number of active sessions in the tomcat manager webapp '/manager'.

However, after configuring tomcat to store it into memcached using the
following setting in context.xml:

* <Manager className="de.javakaffee.web.msm.MemcachedBackupSessionManager"*
* memcachedNodes="n1:localhost:11211,n2:localhost:11212"*
* lockingMode="all"*
* sticky="false"*
* enableStatistics="true"*
* sessionBackupAsync="false"*
* requestUriIgnorePattern=".*\.(ico|png|gif|jpg|css|js)$"*
* />*
*
*
I couldn't see the active sessions anymore in the tomcat manager app. Is is
still possible to configure this so they are visible?

Search Discussions

  • Martin Grotzke at Nov 18, 2012 at 9:23 pm
    Non-sticky sessions are not hold in tomcat but only in memcached,
    therefore they're not . In tomcat they're only living for the duration
    of a request.

    It should be possible to get all sessions/keys from memcached following
    http://www.darkcoding.net/software/memcached-list-all-keys/ and
    integrate this somehow into the manager app, but I'm not sure if it's
    worth the effort.

    Cheers,
    Martin

    I've configured tomcat to store the sessions using memcached and I used
    to check the number of active sessions in the tomcat manager webapp
    '/manager'.

    However, after configuring tomcat to store it into memcached using the
    following setting in context.xml:

    /<Manager className="de.javakaffee.web.msm.MemcachedBackupSessionManager"/
    / memcachedNodes="n1:localhost:11211,n2:localhost:11212"/
    /lockingMode="all"/
    / sticky="false"/
    /enableStatistics="true"/
    / sessionBackupAsync="false"/
    / requestUriIgnorePattern=".*\.(ico|png|gif|jpg|css|js)$"/
    / />/
    /
    /
    --