I bought a wildcard cert from comodo and created the csr with this command:
openssl req -out certificate.csr -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout
certificate.key
When trying to upload the certificate and private key I get the error

Both the private key and SSL certificate should be in unencrypted PEM
format.

even though as far as I know both files are.
Does anyone know how to solve this?

  • Aswath Satrasala at Feb 14, 2013 at 6:06 am
    Hi,
    I did this a week ago for my test appid. I don't have the wildcard cert.
    But for normal case,the steps are.

    1. Generate a private key
    openssl genrsa -out myprivkey.pem 1024

    2. generate the csr using the above private key and upload to comodo
    openssl req -new -key myprivkey.pem -out mykey.csr

    3. generate the unencrypted private key
    openssl rsa -in myprivkey.pem -out unmyprivkey.pem

    4. After doing step 2, the comodo, will send 3 cert files in a zip by
    email. Extract them out and concat them using the notepad.

    5. Upload 3 and 4 files in the Google apps domain panel.

    Hope this helps.

    -Aswath
    www.AccountingGuru.in
    I bought a wildcard cert from comodo and created the csr with this command:
    openssl req -out certificate.csr -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout
    certificate.key
    When trying to upload the certificate and private key I get the error

    Both the private key and SSL certificate should be in unencrypted PEM
    format.

    even though as far as I know both files are.
    Does anyone know how to solve this?

  • Phil Archibald at Mar 16, 2013 at 5:29 am
    cheers Aswath,
    does the filename or extension matter for the concatenated file from step 4?

    On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM, <lillian...@netvigilance.com <javascript:>
    I bought a wildcard cert from comodo and created the csr with this
    command:
    openssl req -out certificate.csr -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout
    certificate.key
    When trying to upload the certificate and private key I get the error

    Both the private key and SSL certificate should be in unencrypted PEM
    format.

    even though as far as I know both files are.
    Does anyone know how to solve this?

    .
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en
    .