I want share my two new projects using Golang.

A HTML5 bomberman like game and his multiplayer server using golang and
websocket.

https://github.com/prsolucoes/golandy-server
and
https://github.com/prsolucoes/golandy-web

The game is registered in: www.golandy.com

Thanks.

  • Seb Binet at May 30, 2016 at 10:44 am

    On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 5:49 AM, Paulo Coutinho wrote:

    Hi,

    I want share my two new projects using Golang.

    A HTML5 bomberman like game and his multiplayer server using golang and
    websocket.

    https://github.com/prsolucoes/golandy-server
    and
    https://github.com/prsolucoes/golandy-web

    The game is registered in: www.golandy.com
    I didn't manage to connect to a game (I keep getting a "blinking"
    'connecting...') but 2 remarks:

    - you should strive to comment your code in english instead of portugese
    (same for the git commit messages)
    - you should also strive to run gofmt/goimports on your code to make it
    look kosher.

    also, it looks to me like you should have r/w-mutexes to the Players and
    Bombs variables:
    you seem to properly lock them for writing, but you also have at least one
    goroutine iterating over Players to send them something (sendToAll), as
    well as many other (quantityOfNPCs, all the goroutines inside wsHandler)

    just my 2cents,
    -s

  • Tyler Compton at Jun 9, 2016 at 12:18 am
    I think the code would benefit from more commenting in general. I couldn't
    find any type or function comments anywhere. I'm not saying they are always
    necessary for exported functions and types, but I would say they usually
    are.

    I'm getting the same issue that Sebastien is. I look forward to playing
    your game when that is resolved :)
[...]

  • Paulo Coutinho at Jun 9, 2016 at 12:41 am
    Hi

    You need start the server too.

    Or you can change the IP on boot file as described on readme.

    I didnt comment because was not a public game when i started it.

    Ty.