Hi theres,

I want to query performace metrics to monitor system health, such as:
disk_usage, memory_usage, cpu_usage, io_usage. But unfortunately I don't
know how to get them by golang API, could anybody give me some suggestion?
many thanks

  • Kumargv at May 19, 2016 at 1:16 pm
    thier are lots of pkg available to get this metric .
    http://godoc.org/github.com/StalkR/goircbot/lib/disk
    https://golang.org/pkg/os/#ProcessState.SysUsage - for memory usage
    I want to query performace metrics to monitor system health, such as:
    disk_usage, memory_usage, cpu_usage, io_usage. But unfortunately I don't
    know how to get them by golang API, could anybody give me some suggestion?
    many thanks
  • Connor at May 19, 2016 at 5:27 pm
    You can find lots of good examples by looking at some of Snap's plugins.

    - Plugin
    catalog https://github.com/intelsdi-x/snap/blob/master/docs/PLUGIN_CATALOG.md
    - One example: CPU
    collector https://github.com/intelsdi-x/snap-plugin-collector-cpu/blob/master/cpu/cpu.go
    - Snap project page: https://github.com/intelsdi-x/snap

    HTH
    I want to query performace metrics to monitor system health, such as:
    disk_usage, memory_usage, cpu_usage, io_usage. But unfortunately I don't
    know how to get them by golang API, could anybody give me some suggestion?
    many thanks
  • Tim K at May 19, 2016 at 7:02 pm
    Another option:
    https://github.com/prometheus/node_exporter