Dear Gophers I'm an absolute begginner in Go. I do not grasp the CGO
completely

I wanted to ask about TWAIN scanning in windows.

TWAIN has a huge .h file (
http://twain.org/docs/530fe0db85f7511c51000500/twain.zip )
that can be found at
http://twain.org/scanner-application-developers/specification-and-tools.html

Did someone implement support of TWAIN in a Win 386 system to give some
help or at least to give some directions in order me
to start with this source code?

P.S. I know one gentleman wrote a SANE bridge for LINUX

  • Egon at May 12, 2016 at 5:49 am

    Dear Gophers I'm an absolute begginner in Go. I do not grasp the CGO
    completely

    I wanted to ask about TWAIN scanning in windows.

    TWAIN has a huge .h file (
    http://twain.org/docs/530fe0db85f7511c51000500/twain.zip )
    that can be found at
    http://twain.org/scanner-application-developers/specification-and-tools.html

    Did someone implement support of TWAIN in a Win 386 system to give some
    help or at least to give some directions in order me
    to start with this source code?
    Never seen one.

    You won't need to convert the whole .h file, pick the minimal subset.

    1. See how http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/296/A-C-Wrapper-for-TWAIN
    uses it and only convert those.
    2. Take a look how Go can use dll files
    (https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/WindowsDLLs)
    3. Take a look at other bindings (should be plenty
    here https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/projects#windows)

    + Egon

  • Dtrehas at May 13, 2016 at 8:52 am
    Thank you a lot Egon :)