In the past couple of days, travis builds against go-tip have started
failing where they previously succeeded. This seems to be repeatable.
Builds against go 1.5 and 1.6 repeatedly succeed.

What appears to happen is that a 'go get' with build tags seems
to not retrieve all the dependencies.

Here's an example:

   https://travis-ci.org/abligh/gonbdserver/jobs/127740674

Source at:

   https://github.com/abligh/gonbdserver

Any ideas?

--
Alex Bligh

  • Andrew Gerrand at May 4, 2016 at 6:30 pm
    I think you need to write "go get -t" to fetch the go-isatty package, as it
    is only used in the tests. I don't have an explanation as to why the tests
    pass in 1.5 and 1.6.
    In the past couple of days, travis builds against go-tip have started
    failing where they previously succeeded. This seems to be repeatable.
    Builds against go 1.5 and 1.6 repeatedly succeed.

    What appears to happen is that a 'go get' with build tags seems
    to not retrieve all the dependencies.

    Here's an example:

    https://travis-ci.org/abligh/gonbdserver/jobs/127740674

    Source at:

    https://github.com/abligh/gonbdserver

    Any ideas?

    --
    Alex Bligh

  • Alex Bligh at May 5, 2016 at 9:22 am
    I think you need to write "go get -t" to fetch the go-isatty package, as it is only used in the tests. I don't have an explanation as to why the tests pass in 1.5 and 1.6.
    Good spot - thanks.

    But it seems 'go get' previously retrieved things that were needed either for tests or not for tests. That's pretty peculiar.

    --
    Alex Bligh

  • Andrew Gerrand at May 5, 2016 at 3:43 pm
    Agree, there's something strange going on. I'll investigate.
    I think you need to write "go get -t" to fetch the go-isatty package, as
    it is only used in the tests. I don't have an explanation as to why the
    tests pass in 1.5 and 1.6.

    Good spot - thanks.

    But it seems 'go get' previously retrieved things that were needed either
    for tests or not for tests. That's pretty peculiar.

    --
    Alex Bligh

  • Alex Bligh at May 5, 2016 at 4:02 pm
    Agree, there's something strange going on. I'll investigate.
    I worked around it with

        go get -t -tags noceph ./...

    I'm wondering if it something to do with the fact I have no tests in the main directory (only the subdirectory)

    --
    Alex Bligh