I am trying to install gomobile and it breaks in gomobile init.

It seems to be asking for both shared and exe output from the linker.
But the build mode is pie, which I have never seen before.
It is usually a -pie option for position independent exe.

Thanks,

Rob

~ $ gomobile init
C:\Users\robbyriverside\Software\Golang\bin\gomobile.exe: go install -p=8
-gcflags=-shared -ldflags=-shared
-pkgdir=C:\Users\robbyriverside\Software\Golang\pkg\gomobile/pkg_android_amd64
std failed: exit status 2
# GameCode
C:\Go\pkg\tool\windows_amd64\link.exe: -shared and -buildmode=pie are
incompatible

~ $ go version
go version go1.6 windows/amd64

~ $ go env
set GOARCH=amd64
set GOBIN=
set GOEXE=.exe
set GOHOSTARCH=amd64
set GOHOSTOS=windows
set GOOS=windows
set GOPATH=C:\Users\robbyriverside\Software\Golang
set GORACE=
set GOROOT=C:\Go
set GOTOOLDIR=C:\Go\pkg\tool\windows_amd64
set GO15VENDOREXPERIMENT=1
set CC=gcc
set GOGCCFLAGS=-m64 -mthreads -fmessage-length=0
set CXX=g++
set CGO_ENABLED=1

~ $ g++ --version
g++.exe (tdm64-1) 5.1.0

  • Nigel Tao at Apr 8, 2016 at 12:58 am
    I'd ask David or Hana (CC'ed).

[...]

  • David Crawshaw at Apr 8, 2016 at 1:20 pm
    I see you have GOROOT set, which can often cause problems. What
    happens if you unset it? And if you run "which go", what do you see?
[...]

  • Rob Farrow at Apr 8, 2016 at 3:38 pm
    Unsetting GOROOT would not change the result of get-command (same as
    'which' in windows power-shell)
    because that is using the PATH.

    But I will removed environment variable and tried again, same result.

    Thanks,

    Rob
[...]

  • David Crawshaw at Apr 8, 2016 at 4:04 pm
    Did you include the full output of gomobile init in your original
    email? Because the string "# GameCode" is unexpected. Do you have a
    directory in your GOROOT called GameCode that is a main program?

    If so, that won't work. Putting it in your GOROOT tricks the Go
    command into thinking your binary is a package in the standard
    library.
[...]

  • Rob Farrow at Apr 8, 2016 at 9:05 pm
    No GameCode in the GOROOT,
    But under the src folder under GOROOT.

    It was one of the first examples I did, before I knew about GOPATH.

    So I removed that folder tried again.... and it ran without error.

    I found a reference to the GOROOT issue... here
    http://dave.cheney.net/2013/06/14/you-dont-need-to-set-goroot-really
    Thanks for the tip. They should remove it from the installation
    instructions.

    Looking forward to giving gomobile a try.

    Thanks,

    Rob
[...]

  • Rob Farrow at Apr 8, 2016 at 9:27 pm
    David,

    Seems like the other approach to getting Go code on mobile platforms is
    Apache Cordova and GOPHERJS.

    I'd love to see a comparison between that and gomobile.

    Thanks,

    Rob

    On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Rob Farrow <robbyriverside@gmail.com>

    On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 6:20 AM David Crawshaw <crawshaw@golang.org>