Hi Folks

we are willing to write a program some how we could call it a CRM but i'm
sure it will be enhanced to ERP.
our main business focus is ISP (internet Service Provider) so we want our
CRM be connected to the Radius server to control the costumers daily
internet usage and bandwidth and dowload limits and shows them the live
graph,
also we need it to connect to the online banking system,
let our distributors have their own panel and we need central
administration,

also we need our CRM for support team and be connected to our PBX which is
Elastix. and have a record of every events such as support calls, online
chats , forums wikis , FAQs and etc.

beside that we need our technical team and support and sales be connected
to every one, and some how run a paperless office automation software with
dynamic flowchart

our users may be up to 150,000~300,000 clients and there will be lots of
traffic on our web server and also lots of security attack and hack attempt
to hack the usernames, accounts, and etc.

so please advise me which programming language is suited for our project
  GOLANG? PYTHON? ASP.NET ?

and which web server and OS should i use

thank you so much for your attentions

    recommendation, it's a safe bet that the answers will be biased towards Go.

    I have a lot of experience in Python (much more than in Go), and I'd still
    recommend Go because you'll end up with a lot more runtime errors in
    Python. You won't know about certain bugs until you hit certain conditions
    in production and it actually breaks. In Go, that code simply won't compile.

    It sounds like, from your requirements, that you would get a lot of benefit
    from Go's concurrency as well.

    You don't need a web server. You can serve HTTP and HTTPS just fine
    directly with Go.
    OS: Linux

  • Manlio Perillo at Apr 4, 2016 at 6:09 pm
    Il giorno lunedì 4 aprile 2016 19:15:18 UTC+2, Amir Hossein Mojarrad ha
    we are willing to write a program some how we could call it a CRM but i'm
    sure it will be enhanced to ERP.
    [...]
    our users may be up to 150,000~300,000 clients and there will be lots of
    traffic on our web server and also lots of security attack and hack attempt
    to hack the usernames, accounts, and etc.

    so please advise me which programming language is suited for our project
    GOLANG? PYTHON? ASP.NET ?

    and which web server and OS should i use
    When starting a new project you should probably first find the programmer,
    and only later find the language to use.
    [...]

    Manlio

  • Josh Kamau at Apr 4, 2016 at 7:02 pm
    You can get some inspiration on golang from here:
    http://getqor.com/en#s-example-application
    Il giorno lunedì 4 aprile 2016 19:15:18 UTC+2, Amir Hossein Mojarrad ha
    we are willing to write a program some how we could call it a CRM but i'm
    sure it will be enhanced to ERP.
    [...]
    our users may be up to 150,000~300,000 clients and there will be lots of
    traffic on our web server and also lots of security attack and hack attempt
    to hack the usernames, accounts, and etc.

    so please advise me which programming language is suited for our project
    GOLANG? PYTHON? ASP.NET ?

    and which web server and OS should i use
    When starting a new project you should probably first find the programmer,
    and only later find the language to use.
    [...]

    Manlio

  • Eric Johnson at Apr 4, 2016 at 11:01 pm
    Hmmm. Essentially, you're asking an "architecture" type question - where
    are your biggest risks, and how do you mitigate them? Pretty sure that
    "language" is not your biggest question.
    we are willing to write a program some how we could call it a CRM but i'm
    sure it will be enhanced to ERP.
    our main business focus is ISP (internet Service Provider) so we want our
    CRM be connected to the Radius server to control the costumers daily
    internet usage and bandwidth and dowload limits and shows them the live
    graph,
    also we need it to connect to the online banking system,
    let our distributors have their own panel and we need central
    administration,
    Lots of stake-holders here. So, one big risk - can you properly provide all
    the features for each of your different stake-holders? Perhaps start by
    thinking that these are *separate* services, not one big giant service. If
    you do that, you might find that you can pick and choose implementation
    technology per-service, rather than one-size-fits-all.

    also we need our CRM for support team and be connected to our PBX which is
    Elastix. and have a record of every events such as support calls, online
    chats , forums wikis , FAQs and etc.
    beside that we need our technical team and support and sales be connected
    to every one, and some how run a paperless office automation software with
    dynamic flowchart
    You're outlining enough features here that you should see if you can buy /
    reuse existing solutions, rather than build your own! Again, this may
    dictate your choice of language. For example, the ideal "wiki"
    implementation you find might be written in Java.

    our users may be up to 150,000~300,000 clients and there will be lots of
    traffic on our web server and also lots of security attack and hack attempt
    to hack the usernames, accounts, and etc.
    Right. One of your biggest risks will be security. Find someone who knows
    what they're doing....

    so please advise me which programming language is suited for our project
    GOLANG? PYTHON? ASP.NET ?
    Golang is probably going to get you slightly further with looking at code
    coverage of your unit tests (no exceptions means no surprising control
    flows). If you're not going to be diligent about your unit testing, this
    may not matter much. Go will get you higher performance at runtime. Jury is
    still out as to whether you can implement your program faster.

    Python has frameworks that will probably get you going faster. However,
    those come with a cost later.

    Java could also be a good bet. As another poster replied - the skills your
    developers have probably guide this choice the most.

    Based on your requirements, you sound like you want to provide a rich web
    UI experience. That probably means you want someone who can think well
    about "web APIs", so you can build a front end that is more loosely coupled
    to your back-end.

    and which web server and OS should i use
    Definitely use Linux. Gives you far more options about where to run. As for
    CentOS vs. Ubuntu vs. Gentoo.... what does your team have experience with?

    thank you so much for your attentions
    Good luck.

  • Amir Hossein Mojarrad at Apr 9, 2016 at 3:43 am
    Guys
    Thank you so much for the reply

    about the team, we first are looking for the infrastructure and programming
    language then ADs for the programmer.
    the salary for them is some how the same

    what is matter for us is :

    Developing time
    system reliability
    Security
    capability

    as i read about GOLANG we have to deploy our own frame work and there are
    lack of libraries and pre-developed function

    About the web server which i asked was some how the reliability (HA or FT)
    / capability and response time to a huge number of request per second

    Thank you so mcuh

  • Kiki Sugiaman at Apr 9, 2016 at 4:49 am
    I'll reply inline.