Thought I'd share my Sunday project:

GoJava uses a forked version of gomobile to generate Java bindings to Go
packages. The same set of types are supported.

It generates a jar from a list of go packages which you can include in your
build using the build tool of your choice. The jar contains a native
library (built for the build platform) which is loaded automatically. Cross
platform builds are not currently supported.

NOTE: This has only been tested on an OSX developer machine and not in
production.

https://github.com/sridharv/gojava

Let me know if any of you find this useful!

Sridhar

  • Hyang-Ah Hana Kim at Mar 28, 2016 at 7:20 pm
    Nice.

    How much of change was necessary in golang.org/x/mobile/bind package?
    Would be nice if you send cls to merge your gomobile-java/bind into
    golang.org/x/mobile/bind
    even when we keep gomobile and your gojava command separate.
    GoJava uses a forked version of gomobile to generate Java bindings to Go
    packages. The same set of types are supported.

    It generates a jar from a list of go packages which you can include in
    your build using the build tool of your choice. The jar contains a native
    library (built for the build platform) which is loaded automatically. Cross
    platform builds are not currently supported.

    NOTE: This has only been tested on an OSX developer machine and not in
    production.

    https://github.com/sridharv/gojava

    Let me know if any of you find this useful!

    Sridhar

    __

  • Sridhar at Mar 28, 2016 at 8:37 pm
    I'd love to do that!

    The changes weren't too much actually. The main changes are related to some
    linker flags for the android logging library. It should be reasonably
    simple to split into android+vanilla java. The only tricky part is trying
    to keep things non-invasive.

    I'll send you the CLs over the weekend. It'll likely just be a couple of
    extra support files just to keep the build flags sane and stub out the
    logging.

    Sridhar