I have a project on GitHub where the pull requests pile up with errors on
the Travis CI build:

get "golang.org/x/crypto/ssh": verifying non-authoritative meta tag

Fetching https://golang.org/x/crypto?go-get=1

Parsing meta tags from https://golang.org/x/crypto?go-get=1 (status code
200)

golang.org/x/crypto (download)

# cd .; git clone https://go.googlesource.com/crypto
/home/travis/gopath/src/golang.org/x/crypto

Cloning into '/home/travis/gopath/src/golang.org/x/crypto'...

remote: Daily bandwidth rate limit exceeded for IP 52.0.240.122.

fatal: protocol error: bad pack header

package golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: exit status 128

I understand the error -- but is this limit set too low? (I imagine I'm not
the only one seeing this on their Travis builds)

bep

  • Drew Wells at Mar 21, 2016 at 3:18 pm
    You can vendor this dependency so nothing has to be downloaded
    https://golang.org/s/go15vendor

    I have a project on GitHub where the pull requests pile up with errors on
    the Travis CI build:

    get "golang.org/x/crypto/ssh": verifying non-authoritative meta tag

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/crypto?go-get=1

    Parsing meta tags from https://golang.org/x/crypto?go-get=1 (status code
    200)

    golang.org/x/crypto (download)

    # cd .; git clone https://go.googlesource.com/crypto
    /home/travis/gopath/src/golang.org/x/crypto

    Cloning into '/home/travis/gopath/src/golang.org/x/crypto'...

    remote: Daily bandwidth rate limit exceeded for IP 52.0.240.122.

    fatal: protocol error: bad pack header

    package golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: exit status 128

    I understand the error -- but is this limit set too low? (I imagine I'm
    not the only one seeing this on their Travis builds)

    bep
  • Dan Kortschak at Mar 21, 2016 at 3:53 pm
    This is happening for tools as well. We are seeing the same behaviour when trying to go get golang.org/x/tools/cmd/cover<http://golang.org/x/tools/cmd/cover>. It's unreasonable to need to vendor testing tools into a repo.

    I have a project on GitHub where the pull requests pile up with errors on the Travis CI build:

    get "golang.org/x/crypto/ssh<http://golang.org/x/crypto/ssh>": verifying non-authoritative meta tag

    Fetching https://golang.org/x/crypto?go-get=1<http://golang.org/x/crypto?go-get=1>

    Parsing meta tags from https://golang.org/x/crypto?go-get=1<http://golang.org/x/crypto?go-get=1> (status code 200)

    golang.org/x/crypto (download)

    # cd .; git clone https://go.googlesource.com/crypto /home/travis/gopath/src/golang.org/x/crypto<http://golang.org/x/crypto>

    Cloning into '/home/travis/gopath/src/golang.org/x/crypto<http://golang.org/x/crypto>'...

    remote: Daily bandwidth rate limit exceeded for IP 52.0.240.122.

    fatal: protocol error: bad pack header

    package golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: exit status 128

    I understand the error -- but is this limit set too low? (I imagine I'm not the only one seeing this on their Travis builds)

    bep

  • Bep at Mar 21, 2016 at 7:48 pm
    We have considered vendoring ... but not for this particular reason.

    bep

[...]

  • Konstantin Kulikov at Mar 22, 2016 at 10:03 am
    See https://github.com/golang/go/issues/12933