My Code is as follows :
package main

import "fmt"

func main() {
     fmt.Printf("Hello, Wordl\n")
}

when go install the imprt cycle not allowed appears with following details
package:
imports runtime
imports runtime/internal/atomic
imports unsafe
imports runtime

I search for solution. But I donot know how to get rid of this error.
please help me.

Arvind Sidhaye

  • Henry at Mar 6, 2016 at 5:38 pm
    Add "package main" on top.

  • Roberto Zanotto at Mar 6, 2016 at 5:45 pm
    Don't know why the error is coming up, but still, if you are a beginner...

    Instructions for installing Go are here:
    https://golang.org/doc/install

    Assuming you did everything correctly, follow this guide next, which
    explains where you should put Go code,
    how to test and run it, etc:
    how to write Go code https://golang.org/doc/code.html
    also available as 5-min screencast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCsL89YtqCs

    You probably want to test, build or run your hello world program, instead
    of installing it.

    Let us know how it goes.