Hi All

This might be a very basic question so apologies for my ignorance. I am
unable to find the place where "go get" downloads the remote package
(before installing it). Could someone help me with it?

Thanks
Neelesh

  • John McKown at Mar 3, 2016 at 7:53 pm

    This might be a very basic question so apologies for my ignorance. I am
    unable to find the place where "go get" downloads the remote package
    (before installing it). Could someone help me with it?
    ​I think that the command:

    go help importpath

    will give you the information you need.

    Thanks
    Neelesh

    --
    The man has the intellect of a lobotomized turtle.

    Maranatha! <><
    John McKown

  • Neeleshk at Mar 3, 2016 at 8:21 pm
    Thank you for your responses. I was confusing myself with a few things.
    This was helpful.

    On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 11:51:19 AM UTC-8, neel...@yahoo-inc.com
    This might be a very basic question so apologies for my ignorance. I am
    unable to find the place where "go get" downloads the remote package
    (before installing it). Could someone help me with it?

    Thanks
    Neelesh
  • Mikespook at Mar 4, 2016 at 4:55 am
    I've read a post before (
    http://mue.tideland.biz/2012/02/go-environment-setup.html?spref=tw).
    Despite it's old, it's very clear. However, I can't open the link anymore.
    There's Chinese version, you can translate it back to English:
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmikespook.com%2F2012%2F02%2F%25E7%25BF%25BB%25E8%25AF%2591go-%25E7%258E%25AF%25E5%25A2%2583%25E8%25AE%25BE%25E7%25BD%25AE%2F
    .
    Thank you for your responses. I was confusing myself with a few things.
    This was helpful.

    On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 11:51:19 AM UTC-8, neel...@yahoo-inc.com
    This might be a very basic question so apologies for my ignorance. I am
    unable to find the place where "go get" downloads the remote package
    (before installing it). Could someone help me with it?

    Thanks
    Neelesh

    Xing Xing (邢星)
    mikespook <mikespook@gmail.com>