I have a VERY large XML document and I only want to get one field from it.
  I prefer not to have to lay out the entire document. Is there a way to
parse just the field I want?

  • Shawn Milochik at Feb 18, 2016 at 11:40 pm

    I have a VERY large XML document and I only want to get one field from
    it. I prefer not to have to lay out the entire document. Is there a way to
    parse just the field I want?
    I think you can. What have you tried? If you post code and sample data
    (should be able to compile and run) on play.golang.org you'll find people
    to be very helpful.

  • C Banning at Feb 19, 2016 at 11:51 am
    https://play.golang.org/p/IlRpVzS-kp
    I have a VERY large XML document and I only want to get one field from it.
    I prefer not to have to lay out the entire document. Is there a way to
    parse just the field I want?
  • C Banning at Feb 19, 2016 at 11:53 am
    https://play.golang.org/p/rKDIva6nWq
    I have a VERY large XML document and I only want to get one field from it.
    I prefer not to have to lay out the entire document. Is there a way to
    parse just the field I want?
  • Nikolaj lindberg at Feb 19, 2016 at 2:40 pm
    Here is someone who is processing a 36G (ugh!) xml file:

       http://blog.davidsingleton.org/parsing-huge-xml-files-with-go/

    /n