I'm trying to read client's tls certificates inside of a HTTP handler.
Hijacking the ResponseWriter doesn't seems to be a good solution to me
because I don't want to take control over the underlying tcp connection, I
just want to read the client certificates and keep using ResponseWriter.

Do you have any ideas about how to solve this problem?

  • James Bardin at Jan 8, 2016 at 8:27 pm

    I'm trying to read client's tls certificates inside of a HTTP handler.
    Hijacking the ResponseWriter doesn't seems to be a good solution to me
    because I don't want to take control over the underlying tcp connection, I
    just want to read the client certificates and keep using ResponseWriter.
    Reading from the connection in a handler doesn't make sense, because TLS
    happens at a different layer and the connection is already established by
    the time you get to a handler.

    Does http.Request.TLS.PeerCertificates provide what you want?

  • Mauro Trajber at Jan 11, 2016 at 4:56 pm
    This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.