I've been checking the docs for the beta release of protocol buffers v3:

https://github.com/google/protobuf/releases

Does anyone know why Go is not one of the supported languages? Is it being
implemented in a different project (maybe the Go gRPC)?

Cheers,
Pablo

  • David Symonds at Dec 6, 2015 at 11:54 pm
    It's supported, just not listed in the release notes for historical
    reasons. See https://github.com/golang/protobuf.

  • Pablo Rozas Larraondo at Dec 7, 2015 at 12:09 am
    Thanks David. I saw that one but I wasn't sure if it covered the new
    version 3.

    Just curious: Are there plans to come up with a pure Go implementation and
    remove the C++ dependencies?