I'm using go version go1.5.1 linux/amd64 and found this sample :
https://gist.github.com/spikebike/2232102#file-server-go-L32

The conversion on line 32 of server.go works but tlscon is always empty,
any idea why?

-Tony

  • Matt Harden at Dec 5, 2015 at 4:50 pm
    I think you need to either call Handshake, Read or Write on the connection
    before the TLS handshake will occur.
    I'm using go version go1.5.1 linux/amd64 and found this sample :
    https://gist.github.com/spikebike/2232102#file-server-go-L32

    The conversion on line 32 of server.go works but tlscon is always empty,
    any idea why?

    -Tony

  • Tony Carter at Dec 8, 2015 at 7:42 am

    I think you need to either call Handshake, Read or Write on the connection
    before the TLS handshake will occur.
    I tried those to no avail..

  • Matt Harden at Dec 9, 2015 at 5:33 am
    Apparently the client doesn't actually send certs unless they are
    requested. In addition to running Handshake before ConnectionState,
    include ClientAuth:
    tls.RequestClientCert in your tls.Config. I tested that and it worked for
    me.