How to install gogoprotobuf with either go get or a github clone? (I
really think I need the protoc utility.) On my OS X system, I'm getting

$ go get -u
github.com/alberts/gogoprotobuf/{proto,protoc-gen-gogo,gogoproto}

package code.google.com/p/gogoprotobuf/plugin/defaultcheck: unable to
detect version control system for code.google.com/ path

package code.google.com/p/gogoprotobuf/plugin/description: unable to detect
version control system for code.google.com/ path

for version

$ go version

go version go1.5.1 darwin/amd64

  • Schmeeky at Nov 23, 2015 at 4:01 am
    You could try github.com/gogo/protobuf, it seems to be the main fork.

    <http://github.com/alberts/gogoprotobuf/%7Bproto,protoc-gen-gogo,gogoproto%7D>