Hi all,

I'm looking for pre-built tarballs for the different stable GOLANG
versions, which are built the same way like the ones available for
linux-amd64 and linux-386 from https://golang.org/dl/. This would help a
lot to speed up compiling GO application on a slow ARM build machine,
because compiling GOLANG on a slow ARM device takes hours.

Or is there any chance to include such ARM tarballs into the official
download section?

At least I'd like to have a look into the official build scripts, where the
Intel tarballs are build. This would help to setup an own build service as
well. I'd like to stay as close as possible to the official process of
compiling, testing and creating a pre-built tarball for this unsupported
Linux systems.

Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Dieter

  • Konstantin Khomoutov at Oct 26, 2015 at 2:54 pm

    I'm looking for pre-built tarballs for the different stable GOLANG
    versions, which are built the same way like the ones available for
    linux-amd64 and linux-386 from https://golang.org/dl/. This would
    help a lot to speed up compiling GO application on a slow ARM build
    machine, because compiling GOLANG on a slow ARM device takes hours.
    [...]

    Consider looking at this http://dave.cheney.net/unofficial-arm-tarballs

  • Dieter at Oct 26, 2015 at 9:07 pm
    Thanks, I already know Dave's blog.
    But I like to get an official pre-built version or at least the recipe how
    they built the Intel tarballs.