Learn Go is a book I've been working on to introduce scripters to Go.

The first two chapters are now available for purchase in an early access
edition from Manning Publications, and the first chapter is available for
free.

Get a 50% discount with the coupon code *mlyoungman* through October 17,
2015. The following affiliate link earns me a few extra %:

https://manning.com/books/learn-go?a_aid=nathany&a_bid=53f68821

Manning provides a dedicated forum for the book. I would be grateful to
receive your feedback on how the book can be even better.

Nathan.

  • Simran at Oct 15, 2015 at 8:39 pm
    Hi Nathan,

    Just ordered the book, and really looking forward to reading it.

    Couple of points:
    * Looks like manning is using the yahoo store, and that at least for me
    (first time use of yahoo since like 17 years ago!) is breaking in chrome. I
    get various cookie errors and can't purchase (and i'm not willing to play
    with my "default" cookie settings in chrome on linux)
    * I did manage to get it working in firefox

    * Shipping charges for overseas (Australia) were $13.95, which is okay, but
    without tracking? surely manning can do better than that.

    If the book wasn't from you, i probably would have given up because of just
    a dodgy ordering process...

    Anyway, really looking forward to reading the book :)

    cheers,

    simran.
    Learn Go is a book I've been working on to introduce scripters to Go.

    The first two chapters are now available for purchase in an early access
    edition from Manning Publications, and the first chapter is available for
    free.

    Get a 50% discount with the coupon code *mlyoungman* through October 17,
    2015. The following affiliate link earns me a few extra %:

    https://manning.com/books/learn-go?a_aid=nathany&a_bid=53f68821

    Manning provides a dedicated forum for the book. I would be grateful to
    receive your feedback on how the book can be even better.

    Nathan.

  • Nathan Youngman at Oct 15, 2015 at 9:08 pm
    hi simran,

    Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it, especially your
    perseverance.

    The Yahoo store is pretty terrible, I agree. I'll forward your message to
    my editor to ask if they are working on improving/replacing it. They just
    did a whole new website about a month ago, so my fingers are crossed.

    I look forward to your feedback on the first few chapters. At least the
    Manning forums are reasonably modern:
    https://forums.manning.com/forums/learn-go

    On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 7:23 AM, Nathan Youngman <junk...@nathany.com