Has anyone on the list created an ios framework that is codesignable? I'm
having trouble getting one into my project and wondering now if its even
possible. I keep getting the error:

xxxxxx.framework: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

Dan

  • S at Sep 12, 2015 at 4:19 pm
    The framework that gobind creates is missing a Resources folder and an
    Info.plist file with information about the framework. While this is not
    necessary if you just want to depend on a framework in XCode, it is
    necessary if you have to codesign the framework. The following steps should
    fix the issue for you.

    $ cd <YourFramework>.framework
    $ mkdir Versions/A/Resources
    $ ln -s ./Versions/Current/Resources ./Resources

    Now create an Info.plist under the Resources directory with contents
    similar to the following: (Taken
    from http://accu.org/index.php/journals/1594)

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
         <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0
           //EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-
           1.0.dtd">
         <plist version="1.0">
           <dict>
             <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
             <string>English</string>
             <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
             <string>MyLib</string>
             <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
             <string>com.MyLovelyDomain.MyLib</string>
             <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
             <string>6.0</string>
             <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
             <string>FMWK</string>
             <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
             <string>????</string>
             <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
             <string>1.0</string>
           </dict>
         </plist>

    Replace the framework name, identifier and other details. You should now be able to codesign the framework.

    Hope this helps!

    Sridhar

    On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 10:22:08 PM UTC+2, dan...@verisart.com
    Has anyone on the list created an ios framework that is codesignable? I'm
    having trouble getting one into my project and wondering now if its even
    possible. I keep getting the error:

    xxxxxx.framework: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

    Dan
  • Hyang-Ah Hana Kim at Sep 13, 2015 at 5:03 pm
    thanks!

    Created https://github.com/golang/go/issues/12604

    __