This weekend I wrote an implementation of cdb from
scratch: https://github.com/colinmarc/cdb

I saw that there existed one already (github.com/jbarham/go-cdb), but it's
a bit old, and doesn't support programmatic writes.

Just posting in case anyone finds it useful!

Colin

  • Klaus Post at Aug 31, 2015 at 6:13 pm
    Hi!

    Very nice - I think you should add the main strength here, which seems that
    the "cdb" database format can easily be opened with libraries from many
    different languages.

    I know you didn't write it, but this was a bit funny:
    No random limits: cdb can handle any database up to 4 gigabytes.
    I would say that today 4GB seem like a fairly, if not random then low limit.

    /Klaus

  • Colin Marc at Aug 31, 2015 at 9:36 pm
    Heh, yeah, I wonder if "cdb, but with 64bit offsets" should be a thing. =)