While working with Go up to 1.4.2 I could've set GOPATH and GOBIN and run
go install and GOOS=windows go install and it would work, however on go 1.5:

GOOS=windows go install stash.envisia.de/efi/mailer

go install: cannot install cross-compiled binaries when GOBIN is set

unsetting GOBIN:

GOOS=windows go install stash.envisia.de/efi/mailer

go install runtime: mkdir /usr/local/go/pkg/windows_amd64/: permission
denied

I'm not 100% sure since I used homebrew until 1.4 and now installed the go
pkg from the go side, but before it would've installed into
$GOPATH/bin/windows_amd64/ however /usr/local/go is my GOROOT and not my
GOPATH?!

  • Christian Schmitt at Aug 20, 2015 at 6:44 am
    Oh and doing goinstall stash.envisia.de/efi/mailer gives me the correct
    path i.e. $GOPATH/bin so I'm not sure whats causing this

    While working with Go up to 1.4.2 I could've set GOPATH and GOBIN and run
    go install and GOOS=windows go install and it would work, however on go 1.5:

    GOOS=windows go install stash.envisia.de/efi/mailer

    go install: cannot install cross-compiled binaries when GOBIN is set

    unsetting GOBIN:

    GOOS=windows go install stash.envisia.de/efi/mailer

    go install runtime: mkdir /usr/local/go/pkg/windows_amd64/: permission
    denied

    I'm not 100% sure since I used homebrew until 1.4 and now installed the go
    pkg from the go side, but before it would've installed into
    $GOPATH/bin/windows_amd64/ however /usr/local/go is my GOROOT and not my
    GOPATH?!
  • Ian Lance Taylor at Aug 20, 2015 at 2:04 pm

    While working with Go up to 1.4.2 I could've set GOPATH and GOBIN and run go
    install and GOOS=windows go install and it would work, however on go 1.5:

    GOOS=windows go install stash.envisia.de/efi/mailer

    go install: cannot install cross-compiled binaries when GOBIN is set
    This is considered to be a bug fix: https://golang.org/issue/9769 .

    Ian