Ian Lance Taylor
|| at Aug 19, 2015 at 11:48 pm
On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Mateusz Czapliński wrote: On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 1:24:17 AM UTC+2, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:29 PM, David Walther
-buildmode=c-shared not supported on windows/amd64
It will not be in the 1.5 release.
It would be nice if somebody worked on it for 1.6.
What exactly is missing? Is it documented somewhere? In the code? Where
would one start?
I don't promise anything, but I'm curious.
None of the required details are documented. Off the top of my head:
* Somebody needs to have a clear understanding of what is required (I
* do not).
* The compiler may to generate the code that Windows expects in a DLL.
I don't know if any change is required here or not.
* The linker will need to generate the relocations that Windows
expects in a DLL.
* The linker will need to generate the symbol table entries that
Windows expects in a DLL, for dllexport and dllimport.
* The linker will need to invoke a Windows tool to actually create a
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.