I ran go build on Mac OSX. The resulting c-shared library imported into a
dynamic scripting language (newLISP) beautifully.

Trying it on windows/amd64, looks like it isn't supported yet. Is this planned
for the 1.5 release?

go build -buildmode=c-shared test.go
=>
-buildmode=c-shared not supported on windows/amd64

David

  • Ian Lance Taylor at Aug 17, 2015 at 11:24 pm

    I ran go build on Mac OSX. The resulting c-shared library imported into a
    dynamic scripting language (newLISP) beautifully.

    Trying it on windows/amd64, looks like it isn't supported yet. Is this
    planned
    for the 1.5 release?

    go build -buildmode=c-shared test.go
    =>
    -buildmode=c-shared not supported on windows/amd64
    It will not be in the 1.5 release.

    It would be nice if somebody worked on it for 1.6.

    Ian

  • Mateusz Czapliński at Aug 19, 2015 at 10:50 pm

    On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:29 PM, David Walther
    -buildmode=c-shared not supported on windows/amd64
    It will not be in the 1.5 release.
    It would be nice if somebody worked on it for 1.6.
    What exactly is missing? Is it documented somewhere? In the code? Where
    would one start?
    I don't promise anything, but I'm curious.

    Thanks,
    /Mateusz.

  • Ian Lance Taylor at Aug 19, 2015 at 11:48 pm