I'm trying to write a wrapper around a library on windows that was
implemented via COM Objects/Interfaces. I can easily cal the functions via
syscall.Syscall, but how am I supposed to handle these COM interfaces in Go?

Should I redefine them in Go? If yes, should I use structs or interfaces?
How do I call their methods from within Go?

It would be great if somebody can me point in the right direction or give
me a starting point.

Thanks!

PS: It's the Direct3D library :)

  • Chris Hines at Aug 14, 2015 at 3:33 pm
    Maybe this project can help you get
    started: https://github.com/go-ole/go-ole
    I'm trying to write a wrapper around a library on windows that was
    implemented via COM Objects/Interfaces. I can easily cal the functions via
    syscall.Syscall, but how am I supposed to handle these COM interfaces in Go?

    Should I redefine them in Go? If yes, should I use structs or interfaces?
    How do I call their methods from within Go?

    It would be great if somebody can me point in the right direction or give
    me a starting point.

    Thanks!

    PS: It's the Direct3D library :)
  • Egon at Aug 14, 2015 at 5:51 pm

    I'm trying to write a wrapper around a library on windows that was
    implemented via COM Objects/Interfaces. I can easily cal the functions via
    syscall.Syscall, but how am I supposed to handle these COM interfaces in Go?

    Should I redefine them in Go? If yes, should I use structs or interfaces?
    How do I call their methods from within Go?

    It would be great if somebody can me point in the right direction or give
    me a starting point.

    Thanks!

    PS: It's the Direct3D library :)
    Any particular reason you do not want to use OpenGL?

    There are already existing packages for it
    (https://github.com/go-gl/examples) and
    you'll get a cross-platform application (to some degree) along with it.

    + Egon