FAQ
Hi.

We are using go tip as a way to reduce garbage collection times in our
program. And it works: garbage collection times are ~10x smaller. But not
always... Each day we see these spikes for a few hours. Garbage collection
time grows from ~2ms to ~600ms. It repeats each day.
We could not find the culprit in our program, so I am asking here: is it
something related to new GC in 1.5?

An upper chart shows garbage collection times in nanoseconds and is taken
from http://.../debug/vars. The lower chart shows memory usage.

Marko

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Search Discussions

  • Rlh at Jul 10, 2015 at 1:58 pm
    What is going on at different times of the day and what are the frequencies of the GCs with high latency. If high latency is correlated with low allocation and a GC frequency of 2 seconds we have a bug filed on that. If it is something else file an bug report.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Marko at Jul 10, 2015 at 2:33 pm
    GC frequency is indeed 2 minutes when GC times are high.
    Can you give me a link to this bug, please?
    Thanks!
    On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM wrote:

    What is going on at different times of the day and what are the
    frequencies of the GCs with high latency. If high latency is correlated
    with low allocation and a GC frequency of 2 seconds we have a bug filed on
    that. If it is something else file an bug report.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
    Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/golang-nuts/ImlznAr_cT4/unsubscribe.
    To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
    golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Rick Hudson at Jul 10, 2015 at 3:05 pm
    #10261 <https://github.com/golang/go/issues/10261> is the issue. It
    was closed yesterday. If you could post the new numbers in a few days
    that would be great. Sorry about the 2 sec / 2 min confusion.

    On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 8:32 AM, marko@kevac.org wrote:

    GC frequency is indeed 2 minutes when GC times are high.
    Can you give me a link to this bug, please?
    Thanks!
    On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM wrote:

    What is going on at different times of the day and what are the
    frequencies of the GCs with high latency. If high latency is correlated
    with low allocation and a GC frequency of 2 seconds we have a bug filed on
    that. If it is something else file an bug report.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
    Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/golang-nuts/ImlznAr_cT4/unsubscribe.
    To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
    golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Marko at Jul 14, 2015 at 9:26 am
    After updating to last tip, this strange behavior disappeared. Thank you.
    On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 6:05 PM Rick Hudson wrote:

    #10261 <https://github.com/golang/go/issues/10261> is the issue. It was closed yesterday. If you could post the new numbers in a few days that would be great. Sorry about the 2 sec / 2 min confusion.

    On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 8:32 AM, marko@kevac.org wrote:

    GC frequency is indeed 2 minutes when GC times are high.
    Can you give me a link to this bug, please?
    Thanks!
    On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM wrote:

    What is going on at different times of the day and what are the
    frequencies of the GCs with high latency. If high latency is correlated
    with low allocation and a GC frequency of 2 seconds we have a bug filed on
    that. If it is something else file an bug report.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
    Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/golang-nuts/ImlznAr_cT4/unsubscribe.
    To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
    golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedJul 10, '15 at 9:25a
activeJul 14, '15 at 9:26a
posts5
users2
websitegolang.org

2 users in discussion

Marko: 3 posts Rick Hudson: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase