Hello all, i'm a newbie in this language.

I would love some help or guidance on how i can grab a video from a
specific url and convert it to Audio only using Go. Is there a way to do
this?

Thanks!

  • Kevin Malachowski at Jun 18, 2015 at 11:04 pm
    If you're doing this as a learning exercise, the best place to start is searching the internet for libraries that will parse audio/video. As far as I know there's no standard library for that (and I've never looked for a library like this, but one probably exists).

    If you just want to pull the audio portion from a video you could use ffmpeg to do it for you. While the command lines you have to run to get ffmpeg to work look a little daunting, its a very flexible tool that can do what you want (and much more too).