How to fix "no install location ... outside GOPATH" for development?

I am trying to set up layout (on Windows) to patch Go application.
git clone https://github.com/lxc/lxd
cd lxd
I want all downloaded files be isolated in local .go dir
mkdir .go
set GOPATH=.go
go get -v -d ./...
So far this works ok. Then I try to install, I get this:
go install -v ./...
go install: no install location for directory E:\p\lxd outside GOPATH
go install: no install location for directory E:\p\lxd\internal\gnuflag
outside GOPATH

What's the problem with that? How to install current package (and
dependencies) into that GOPATH?

  • Tamás Gulácsi at Jun 14, 2015 at 6:11 am
    Put that lxd for in the GOPATH, too, separated by semicolon.