after the release of the natural language processing library

go-freeling https://github.com/advancedlogic/go-freeling

(which had 219 stars in just 24h ... thanks guys), for who does not want to
handle the full NLP stack I have released a pos tagger in golang based on
Hidden Markov Model and Viterbi:

https://github.com/advancedlogic/go-postagger

The pos tagger is a completely different implementation from go-freeling
library and comes with a MIT license. The file hmm.dat contains the trained
model. simple.pos contains an example of how a sentence must be provided to
the HMMParser. A better model can be created using training API.
Documentation on the way.

I hope this helps too. I will release soon also the independent
implementation of the golang binding to MITIE library for NER

Antonio

  • Mrburton at Jan 25, 2016 at 2:34 am
    Very nice - I seen there hasn't been any updates. Has there been any
    progress made?

    I'm personally looking for a good NLP library in Go vs. using Java +
    Stanford NLP. At the moment, I'm just looking to do POS Tagging.

    Keep up the good work!