Moin Gophers,

A quick question that bothers me for a long time (every single day, now I
take the time to ask it :) ) : Why, when I launch a go executable from
windows cmd line (directly or using go run), is a second command window
opened for a short period before being closed automatically ?
The program's output starts in the new window and then when closed is
appended to the initial one (with the first writes to os.Stdout being lost)
?

Thanks for your help

Fred

  • Andrewchamberss at May 5, 2015 at 9:48 pm
    This doesn't happen to me on windows 8 or 10 technical preview. What version of go and windows do you have?

  • Jecks at May 5, 2015 at 10:00 pm
    Windows 8.1 / go1.4.2 windows/amd64
    I wonder if this has something to do with git's windows integration never
    tested on a "bare" machine

    This doesn't happen to me on windows 8 or 10 technical preview. What
    version of go and windows do you have?
  • Andrew Chambers at May 5, 2015 at 10:03 pm
    I generally use cygwin. But I don't remember seeing that problem even in
    normal shells.