On Thursday, 23 April 2015 21:36:52 UTC+3, robert....@mercadolibre.com wrote:

Hi.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need a way to reverse
the BitSet.
Currently the first stays on the right and grows toward the left, but I'm
creating a package to handle ISO8583 messages and I need the fields to be
identified from left to right.
I suggest creating a new question instead and show an example of... this is
what I have, and would like this to happen etc. Possibly a link to
play.golang.org with code that uses that library.

The question, as is, doesn't make much sense to me. BitSet contains by
definition is a set, which doesn't have any ordering.
You probably mean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8583#Bitmaps?
(Create a new question with that information... it's easier to track a
problem that way)
Is this possible to do with bitset library?
It's something that should be part of the iso8583 package, it doesn't make
sense to use a separate library for it.

Thank you.

  • Robert Barreiro at Apr 23, 2015 at 7:19 pm
    Thanks Egon.

    I am building an ISO8583 library, not using an existing one.
    Regards,

    Robert.

    --
    *Robert Barreiro.*

  • Egon at Apr 23, 2015 at 7:44 pm

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need a way to reverse
    the BitSet.
    Currently the first stays on the right and grows toward the left, but I'm
    creating a package to handle ISO8583 messages and I need the fields to be
    identified from left to right.

    Is this possible to do with bitset library?
    Anyways... did you mean this https://play.golang.org/p/e5B5L4ER9z

    Thank you.
  • Robert Barreiro at Apr 23, 2015 at 7:50 pm
    Awesome! :-)
    Very simple as I like.

    Thanks Egon.

    On Thursday, 23 April 2015 21:36:52 UTC+3, robert....@mercadolibre.com
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need a way to reverse
    the BitSet.
    Currently the first stays on the right and grows toward the left, but I'm
    creating a package to handle ISO8583 messages and I need the fields to be
    identified from left to right.

    Is this possible to do with bitset library?
    Anyways... did you mean this https://play.golang.org/p/e5B5L4ER9z

    Thank you.

    --
    *Robert Barreiro.*

  • Egon at Apr 23, 2015 at 7:51 pm

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need a way to reverse
    the BitSet.
    Currently the first stays on the right and grows toward the left, but I'm
    creating a package to handle ISO8583 messages and I need the fields to be
    identified from left to right.

    Is this possible to do with bitset library?
    Anyways... did you mean this https://play.golang.org/p/e5B5L4ER9z
    Sorry, misunderstood the ordering https://play.golang.org/p/sycUxCZyxf

    Thank you.
  • Robert Barreiro at Apr 23, 2015 at 7:56 pm
    Now it's perfect.

    Give me your full name, the file will have your name on it (planning to
    "open source it" when its ready).

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need a way to reverse
    the BitSet.
    Currently the first stays on the right and grows toward the left, but
    I'm creating a package to handle ISO8583 messages and I need the fields to
    be identified from left to right.

    Is this possible to do with bitset library?
    Anyways... did you mean this https://play.golang.org/p/e5B5L4ER9z
    Sorry, misunderstood the ordering https://play.golang.org/p/sycUxCZyxf

    Thank you.

    --
    *Robert Barreiro.*

  • Egon at Apr 23, 2015 at 8:04 pm

    Give me your full name, the file will have your name on it (planning to
    "open source it" when its ready).
    Egon Elbre... although usually it's preferable to have contributors in a
    separate file or readme - otherwise when there are improvements/changes to
    the actual file it will be crowed :)... try to keep the code clear of any
    noise - it'll be easier to read that way.

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need a way to reverse
    the BitSet.
    Currently the first stays on the right and grows toward the left, but
    I'm creating a package to handle ISO8583 messages and I need the fields to
    be identified from left to right.

    Is this possible to do with bitset library?
    Anyways... did you mean this https://play.golang.org/p/e5B5L4ER9z
    Sorry, misunderstood the ordering https://play.golang.org/p/sycUxCZyxf

    Thank you.

    --
    *Robert Barreiro.*
  • Robert Barreiro at Apr 23, 2015 at 8:05 pm
    Yes sure; will let you know when it's released.

    Thanks for your help and advise.
    Regards,

    Robert.

[...]

  • Dan Kortschak at Apr 23, 2015 at 8:46 pm
    You need to wrap the shift in IsSet with parens to get the correct behaviour.

    https://play.golang.org/p/oOe1Gd4C2G (cf orig https://play.golang.org/p/s5SiJqc5rG)

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need a way to reverse the BitSet.
    Currently the first stays on the right and grows toward the left, but I'm creating a package to handle ISO8583 messages and I need the fields to be identified from left to right.

    Is this possible to do with bitset library?

    Anyways... did you mean this https://play.golang.org/p/e5B5L4ER9z
    Sorry, misunderstood the ordering https://play.golang.org/p/sycUxCZyxf

  • Robert Barreiro at Apr 23, 2015 at 8:53 pm
    You read my mind! I was just creating a dump function to return a string
    will all the bits on and off and I was getting all zeros.

    Thanks Dan!